powertech/vanguard ability Ion Cell/Cylinder broken

4 posts
By deucebag at 2012-01-03 08:58:19

I've only actually tried this on my level 14 powertech that just got ion cylinder, but it deals a very small fraction of the damage stated in the tooltip, so little that there is really no discussion about either the tooltip or the ability being bugged. I'd like to see if this can be confirmed by other powertechs/vanguards.

A good way to test it is making sure ion cell/cylinder is on, putting pet on passive and just hitting the enemy with the basic blaster attack, the yellow numbers is the damage from ion cell/cylinder

By Amythiel at 2012-01-03 11:08:11
What tooltip are you talking about? In game or on the website? I've not played a Vanguard or Powertech but what's the tooltip in game and what kind of damage are you getting with it?
By deucebag at 2012-01-03 21:37:49
tooltip is 100 and i deal under 30 damage, there is a thread on the general forums discussing it, and most people agree that it is bugged, either the tooltip or the ability: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=94481
By Steeler at 2012-01-04 03:35:58

If you spec into the "2 sec snare ability"... which procs 50% of the time (with 1 talent point) off of the 15% Ion Cell proc'ing itself on any hit... it hits/snares all the damn time.

Whatever that's worth.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to post a reply.