WAITING ROOM?!?!?!?

11 posts
By jgranson at 2011-12-13 06:37:30
I'm currently in queue.......FOR THE WEBSITE! This seems like a bad omen. If the website has a queue, I'm afraid to see what the servers will be like on launch day.
By Jaeke at 2011-12-13 06:41:49
I think they did that to keep the sire from crashing again. They put you into a waiting queue that refreshes every 30 seconds, otherwise people would be F5'ing 3 times per second trying to get in. The queue reduces the number of incoming queries.
By jgranson at 2011-12-13 06:58:20
I know why, but if they site might be that unstable, it scares me what the servers might be like when they get full.
By MikRhonah at 2011-12-13 07:03:28
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony
There is no death, there is the Force.
By kimmilvang at 2011-12-13 07:10:12
I am guessing the underestimated the web activity leading up to launch. That doesn't mean they underestimated other capacity requirements. Let face it the website will probably never see am much traffic again as it will this week.
By Dwutlenek at 2011-12-13 07:10:17
Don't panic. Queue is very short, and I think this proves that BioWare is keeping things under control, and this solution is not that bad.
About servers... if this isn't your first MMO, then you should expect something unexpected after release. If that's how you react because of website queue, then I'm worried about you for a little bit. You have to calm down, relax and prepare for the worse.
By Lazoruz at 2011-12-13 07:59:21
@ MikRhonah
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
By jgranson at 2011-12-13 09:46:36
Im not new too MMO's been playing them for around 10 yrs. I know how they work. I was just saying i have never seen a website, even when launching a game, have a queue. I dont recall WoW having a queue for their website when it launched. Of course many more people will be playing this game at launch then WoW. Im not panicking. Im not even worried about it. My original post was kinda a joke, playing on all these people freaking out that they dont have game access yet. That is all.
By MikRhonah at 2011-12-13 10:15:24

@jgranson

The wow website was down almost as much as their servers were... A queue is better than a crash...

By Melchior30 at 2011-12-13 10:29:37
When i tried at 7:45 AM the website took all of 5 minutes to get me in. You will forget all about this once your playing. Keep your panties together.
By Drevoc at 2011-12-13 19:04:10
Everyone is checking the website in the hopes of finding out info on if/when they'll be getting early access, etc. It's 1 week before launch, so lots of media attention which leads to interest for those who've not pre-ordered the game as well.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to post a reply.