Ashara zavros affection

11 posts
By Malvak at 2012-02-28 07:21:40
IV heard people say they you need 2500 affection before she will take gifts, is this true? And if so how do I get fast affection with her?
By Dhamp at 2012-02-28 07:29:36

That sounds like (part of) the requirement for Courting gifts.

You can always gain affection by doing Mission conversations and chkksing the right options. You'll also be ablr to give her non-Courting gifts.

By Malvak at 2012-02-28 07:34:22
Oh cool I thought it was like that for all gifts
By snekadid at 2012-02-28 11:47:58
No, any gift will do generally, however she is very affection shy it seems, neither the talos bonus series nor all of hoth gave me more than a few affection with her and im the kind of person that likes to check out conversation options. I found myself farming for gifts often just to get her going, though by the end you'll get several large affection options.
By Kelborn at 2012-02-28 13:52:29

Here. All you need to know about Ashara.

any gift will do generally

False. Companions have gifts that they dislike, like, favor, and love. Generally, romance-able companions do not favor gifts from the same gender as they are. Hence why Ashara has either an X or one star for gifts from females, and has higher stars for gifts from male characters. Non romance-able companions follow similar trends, but the gender of your character has no bearing on them.

The "2500" affection thing is usually when you can start romancing the companion and they start accepting Courting gifts. They can still accept other gifts that they like at any affection.

By snekadid at 2012-02-29 13:10:03
Wow, way to post in order to intentionally misread the intent. He thought gifts didn't work until a certain affection, i confirmed dhemp that gifts will work before that. I then commented on the difficulty/inconsistent rate of affection gain from conversations from the first planets you'll use her on. Do you really just watch the forums and try to post in every thread? This is a forum, if your not going to read more than the last post to understand context then your not helping.
By Kelborn at 2012-02-29 16:09:31

And if you're not going to understand parts of the game don't comment about them. Companions do not accept "any gift", as you said. They accept gifts that they like, favor, and love. They do not accept gifts that they do not like. So you cannot give any gift to a companion and expect to get an affection gain (which is what the first part of your post said). Sorry that you gave wrong information and I corrected it. My bad.

Ashara does not accept Courting, Imperial Memorabilia, Luxury, and Technology from female characters (and the ones she does are only "like" quality); nor does she accept Trophy or Underworld Good from either male or female characters. So if you're male she only doesn't accept two categories, which may be why you think you can throw any gift at her because male characters practically can. For comparison, Khem Val does not accept 5 of the categories. So no, companions do not "generally accept any gift."

Again, sorry that a helpful forum member is correcting false information on a community run forum site.

Edit: Underlined for clarity. Apparently that was needed. You can give any gift to a companion... but that doesn't mean you'll get an affection gain.

By CadalMord at 2012-02-29 23:59:43

Ashara is very different from any other companion I've played with. At start, she doesn't react to any gift with more than "Like" quality affection(1 star in torhead). That means that even if you give her a gift that's her favorite type, she will give you only 24 affection max.

That 2500 affection mark mentioned earlier might be the exact point where she starts giving normal amounts of affection but I'm not 100% sure.. I remember seeing a change at around the 2000 affection point and a bit later on she started acting normally towards gifts so it might be tied to conversation progress.

edit: Forgot to mention that my character is male so that's one advantage I had on gaining affection with her. He's also maxed Light Side, dunno if it matters but thought I'd mention it =P I'm probably gonna switch to Dark Side though after I get Ashara to max affection and do all her conversations.

By Dhamp at 2012-03-01 02:02:08

Kelborn, you are both being misleading, get off your podium.

Yes, she has a preference for some gift categories, however, she will quite happily take any gift you give her.

If you give her a Rank 6 artefact trophy, she will happily walk to the nearest bin and dispose of it for you, netting you a big 0 affection. Saying she won't accept them is as misleading as saying she will.

By Kelborn at 2012-03-01 14:59:32

Or you can read the paragraph in full, namely the part where I said "So you cannot give any gift to a companion and expect to get an affection gain".

Just because you can give it to them, doesn't mean they accept it... aka gaining affection.

By Dhamp at 2012-03-01 15:53:20

They will however, accept the item, and you will no longer have it. Not accepting it implies refusing the item, not taking it for no gain.

When complaining about abiguity, one shouldnt be ambiguous.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to post a reply.