so i wanna make a marauder but

22 posts
By holla8 at 2012-02-07 17:36:17

everyone keeps saying there this really hard class that needs a ton of keybinds to do good.and thats one of the things ive hated about classes in my last mmo,but i dont know.is it just certain specs or do you not really need much in terms of keybinds

but from looking recently at a rage spec rotation.it just seems like your basic "bind 5 abilties to keybinds and your done"type rotation,im just wondering if im missing something or is it just certain specs that are like that.cuz i mean,they seemed pretty fun but i know ive played classes that you needed a bunch of keybinds to do good with in other mmos and hated it

i think if i remember right the rotation pretty much sounded like this

"
Force charge,force crush,force choke,force scream,smash if i have 4/4 shockwave stacks"

which doesnt really sound like id need a bunch of keybinds.but im guessing maybe i just missed something

By dirtybird at 2012-02-07 20:42:27
Those things are said about annihilation marauders, which is kind of the thing to do on that class as far as I know. If you like the sound of rage spec, you might consider going juggernaut instead.
By holla8 at 2012-02-08 00:00:38

hmm whats the difference playstyle wise though.i mean,ive watched more marauder videos then i have juggernaught

and ive mainly looked at rage spec cuz i like pvp,and figured since theres no dual spec option that id just roll with a pvp spec(i do plan on checkin out the pve though)until dual spec came out

By dirtybird at 2012-02-08 00:29:46

I believe this is a list of juggernaut-specific abilities, which may give you an idea of what you'll be up to aside from smashing your heart out. As a rage spec jugg you'll have access to all the abilities in the top half of the list in addition to sundering assault, obliterate, and force crush (these latter two are part of the rage tree though, so they're not exclusive to juggs). Perhaps the most noteworthy ability there is threatening scream, an AOE taunt that is incredibly powerful in PvP and will also get you lots of medals :)

p.s. annihilation is great for pvp

By holla8 at 2012-02-09 00:27:42

"which is kind of the thing to do on that class as far as I know"

so its not worth it to make a marauder unless you go annihilation? i mean ive watched more videos of marauders then i have juggernaughts but rage seemed kinda fun in pvp

oh and would annihilation also be the "increased climb in difficulty" ive heard after a certain level

By Zachael at 2012-02-09 16:16:21

I play the as a Sentinel, which is the mirror to Marauder. annihilation is Watchman for me... anyway. Annihilation is good for both PvP and PvE. It is not burst damage, but it is continueous damage. At around level 43-45 you will max out your attacks with Annihilation (unless you spread a lof of points into the other tree's base talents).

You will Easily use both Center and Bottom Center Quick Bar for all your abilities. As Annihilation there are some that you will use much less often becuase of the way the build works. I personally have the Razar naga mouse and use it's 12 buttons to controll my Bottom Center Quickbar. before I got that mouse though. it was difficult to use all your abilities effectively. Before the mouse I used the F-Keys which are within Finger reach from WASD on my keyboard.

Ther are about 15-18 abilities you will find yourself constantly using in PvP as Annihilation. the other two trees will have 1 less ability that you will need to use constantly use.

As a Marauder your PvP and PvE rotation's wont varry to much, and you will find with Annihilation that you predominately use the same abilites for both sytels of combat.

The only way to know for certain if you will like the class is to give it a try. If you haven't already played as a Jugg, you will at least be experiencing the story line. =)

By holla8 at 2012-02-10 13:11:41

"The only way to know for certain if you will like the class is to give it a try. If you haven't already played as a Jugg, you will at least be experiencing the story line. =)"

ya,i guess ill just make one and try it out cuz it kinda seems like maybe theres something im missing that makes it easier then it sounds.unless its the way the gcd works,meaning you may have 15 abilities keybound but your not smashing 15 keybinds one after another for the rotation

By Zachael at 2012-02-17 17:00:32
The 15-20 Abilities I use most often, only 10 of them factor into my normal rotation against NPCs.
By holla8 at 2012-02-18 20:45:10

hmm

but i dont know,from lookin up playstyle info i think id like a juggernaught more and im assuming there not as gimp dps as ive heard if the focus offhand buffs your attacks to do as much damage as marauders do

or at least thats what ive heard cuz it seemed like marauder was the way to go for warrior dps but i dont know,like i said it looked like id enjoy juggernaught more then marauder

By kaskitboom at 2012-02-22 14:52:39
For you i wouldn't suggest this class, ived played it since launch and leveled 10-37 and 39-50 pure pvp and I must say it is one hell of a class to master, i used a razor naga imba and a razor nostromo to play the class to it's fullest. on a side note If you do choose to go mara, don't succumb to the mainstream thought that you must be annihilation, I'm combat spec and although I do not pull 600k dmg a game I am infinity more useful to my team via immobilization (for a exp. i once held a ball carrier in 5 meters from the line by chain immobilizing him for 12 secs then poping zen and blowing him up with the massive amount of dps we can pull with no GCD on blade rush.
By Zachael at 2012-02-28 14:20:04
I have done as well on total damage done in PvP with Combat Spec as i did with Watchman. largly due to being able to get burst damagme on a lot of targets that someone else has enaged to finish them off. rinse and repeat.
By Kyonu at 2012-02-29 09:45:28

At 50 Annihilation you will only use about 6-7 abilities at any given time outside of your Longer cooldown abilities (usually defensive unless Bloodlust and relics).

Rage spec uses a lot more as that is how I leveled, but once I hit 50 I began raiding, and single target deeps is more important. That being said I went to Annihilation and began doing a lot more DPS and using a lot less abilities.

6-7 abilities in this game is NOT a lot. I'm about to get a Razer Naga HEX and that will make this usage a LOT easier.

By holla8 at 2012-02-29 16:38:50
At 50 Annihilation you will only use about 6-7 abilities at any given time outside of your Longer cooldown abilities (usually defensive unless Bloodlust and relics).

Rage spec uses a lot more as that is how I leveled, but once I hit 50 I began raiding, and single target deeps is more important. That being said I went to Annihilation and began doing a lot more DPS and using a lot less abilities.

6-7 abilities in this game is NOT a lot. I'm about to get a Razer Naga HEX and that will make this usage a LOT easier.

so pretty much,if i played a warrior in world of warcraft.would it not really be any harder then what im used to

i was lookin more towards juggernaughts then marauders but im guessing there not as hard to play as im thinkin

By Kyonu at 2012-02-29 18:03:38

Warriors in this game are quite different from those in WoW... And yes, quite a bit harder.

I'm just saying the Annihilation spec Marauder has it much easier than Rage or any of the Juggernaut specs, but I have not played Juggernaut. I would say a bit harder if you're going DPS.

By Curas at 2012-02-29 22:14:26

If you plan on doing PvP and PvE i suggest Carnage(or the mirror for the republic). Carnage is very good for leveling in my opinion, it has strong crits from force scream and also very useful in PvP.

if you plan at raiding at 50 i suggest Annihilation.

P.S. just try out the class and play how you want to :)

By mindriot at 2012-03-13 08:33:18

Don't go carnage for pvp. It has the worst survivability of any melee spec in the game. If your coming from wow warrior, you'll feel right at home with annahilation. Think of deadly saber as colossus smash, and you've got it. It does have a lot of keybinds, but its not muddled, you just have a lot of tools on cooldown you can use in certain situations, but the heart of the rotation is 6 abilities. Shift modifiers changed the way I play mmo's in wow, and have helped a ton in this game. You should give them a try.

Ps. Do keep in mind that carnage is prob getting a buff in 1.2, it does have good burst, but it doesn't have the self heals that anni has, or the defensive cooldowns of rage/anni. Rage is the easier spec to play, basically your relying on your force attacks (smash and scream). Don't pay attention to ppl that tell you if you want to go rage, go jugg. Mara rage is good, and you have the options to go anni, or carnage if its buffed.

By Sarnaxis at 2012-03-13 11:19:37
So is Annihilation tree the way to go then? I seem to be doing just fine at 41 with all points into Carnage. Is the sustainable damage from the bleed effects that much better over the procs and crazy damage from Force Scream's 9 second cool down? It just seems like it's all coming down to rotation and making sure you are watching for procs to be up for your big hits.
By Vexien at 2012-03-13 17:07:03

Carnage is a perfectly viable PvP spec. It has burst and a bit more control in it, while Annihilation has survivability and sustained damage. Both have their benefits, both have their downsides. It's up to you to choose which you enjoy more.

However, I don't think any class in the game benefits from 41 points in a single tree. Spread it out a little.

By Sarnaxis at 2012-03-13 20:35:56
Carnage is a perfectly viable PvP spec. It has burst and a bit more control in it, while Annihilation has survivability and sustained damage. Both have their benefits, both have their downsides. It's up to you to choose which you enjoy more.

However, I don't think any class in the game benefits from 41 points in a single tree. Spread it out a little.

I was saying i was level 41 with all the points into carnage for endline. Just started moving to most viable choices in rage and annihilation tree, soloing PvE it seems to be working quite well the damage output seems very nice.

By JamieK at 2012-03-25 08:30:59
Ps. Do keep in mind that carnage is prob getting a buff in 1.2, it does have good burst, but it doesn't have the self heals that anni has, or the defensive cooldowns of rage/anni. Rage is the easier spec to play, basically your relying on your force attacks (smash and scream). Don't pay attention to ppl that tell you if you want to go rage, go jugg. Mara rage is good, and you have the options to go anni, or carnage if its buffed.

The Juggernaut and Guardian ACs are getting a self-heal ability, but i am thinking its going to be like saber ward that lasts for 12 seconds and has a cooldown of 3mins, which would make it rather useless, i wasn't at a high enough level of a guardian or juggernaut to see if it was good or not and no one is stating if it is any good or not.

By RazeTheRoof at 2012-04-23 12:07:20
I prefer carnage pvp.
By JamieK at 2012-06-12 09:48:42
All these buttons, too much for me to keep an eye on, i guess i will have to stick with gimped juggernauts and guardians and hope that bioware get some sense and fix them, but i am sure the pvp'ers that love to kill them easily will do their utmost best to make them look just right to avoid them being fixed, pvp'ers are like that, always wanting an easy win.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to post a reply.