Jedi Sentinel DPS Trees

6 posts
By fuhrerschein at 2012-01-18 20:35:35

Hello there,

Decided to make a Jedi Sentinel alt and Im only up to lvl 15 but after looking through the 3 trees it seems that the left one is based on DoT's, the middle one is based off of ataru procs/bursty, and the right one buffs force powers. Is this an accurate representation? thoughts on the 3 trees and the differences/advantages? trying to decide which one i wanna go with. thanks in advance

By Methalan at 2012-01-18 21:02:37

Watchman is more of a PVE build.
Combat is a Leveling/PVP build.
Focus is a PVP build.

Atleast that is what I got from the 3 trees.

By Dhamp at 2012-01-19 03:19:15

Combat is heavier on the burst, where Watchman is more consistent DPS.

Both are sound PvE options.

By kaskitboom at 2012-01-21 14:59:27
^lies! Combat is more of a pressure spec and usefulness while focus has the true burst with 3k+ aoe crits every 12 secs
By Dhamp at 2012-01-21 17:53:11

Really?

I felt the unpredictableness of Combat made it less of a pressure spec, and more cointossy.

Watchman is much more controllable.

By Zachael at 2012-01-30 15:49:04

I have thoroughly enjoyed playing watchman from about level 20 through my current level (41). I have effectively used it in PvE and PvP. Combat and Focus are pure DPS builds, where as Watchman is slightly lower but more consistant DPS but also has better controll on the battle field due to force leap 0m-30m (which allows it to be used as an interupt and consistant focus generator), force kick (reduced cool down making it more effective) and with the right build, you build centering so quickly that you you can use Zen ALL the time to receive the health regen capability of watchman (which is less true healing as it is health pool extending).

I am going to try combat spec again. When I tried focus spec at lvl 38, I did not like it compared to Watchman in either PvE or PvP.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to post a reply.