Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer) Question...

3 posts
By hookah at 2012-01-21 23:23:13
Am understanding correctly when I read that the Inquisitor seems like a strong healing AT? The talent tree Corruption seems to lead me to that conclusion. Yes, I'm a WoW convert and love healing in it and am looking for a similar role in TOR.
By Hyperspacerebel at 2012-01-22 00:36:12
It's a competitive healing class, yes. Whether you like it or are good at it is a different story. Sage/Sorcer healing really has the feel of Priest healing in WoW. You have the exact same sort of shield, you have a penance-like spell, you have an instant renew-like HoT. The aoe healing is a bit different because it's cast on the ground, not on a person. Force also is not quite the same as mana. There is much more short-term management than with mana, but less long-term management because it regens so fast; there's no 5-second rule for Sages (though I don't even know if that even exists in WoW anymore). I'm consistently one of the best pvp healers in all of my pvp matches, and I'm happy with it.
By edfarker at 2012-01-22 22:48:59

This would explain why I've taken to the Sith Sorceror so easily. Played a Forsaken Priest since WoW Beta. Only had TOR for a couple weeks and I'm at level 30. I'm finding the Corruption tree to be really easy to solo everything with (except heroics/flash points) with either the tank pet or the ranged dps pet. I've read that later on the tank pet does a better job but I don't see it, the dps output he's got is pitiful and if there's more than 3 things attacking him at the same time his health drops fast. We'll see what happens when I get the melee dps pet on the planet I'm about to start

(vagueness intentional to prevent spoilers)

You are not signed in. Please sign in to post a reply.