so sorcerer/sage arent fotm?

22 posts
By holla9 at 2011-12-26 17:43:08

someone said on another forum that the only classes that have less people playing them on imperial side are agents and tanking bounty hunters. does that mean theres really no "fotm" class at the moment

i was gonna originally roll a sorcerer/sage cuz they were like the "frost mages" of star wars tor i heard but then i heard a crapton of people were playin em and im never the one to make the fotm class

By Hyperspacerebel at 2011-12-26 17:53:36

Frost mages that aren't fotm? I must see this amazing occurrence =P

Too many people are rolling characters for the story and others are just rolling alts; it's pretty much impossible to determine which class is the best when all is said and done, let alone if everyone is rolling them because of it. Chances are that most people are rolling jedi classes simply because jedi are cool, and only time will tell if they will stick with those classes.

By holla9 at 2011-12-26 17:56:04
ya,i was just wonderin cuz i know frost mages always looked fun in pvp its just one of those classes i made and could never really get max level in wow

By rhinoloupe at 2011-12-26 18:50:15
It's really too early to say such things :/ The game should at least be out for a month before it haz a flavour.
By nefloyd at 2011-12-26 18:53:17
They aren't "FOTM" there are just a lot of them because they are force users with lightsabers who can dps. I have seen 50% of the population of the mid-range planets be sorcerers a few times
By SassyMcFatbottom at 2011-12-26 20:48:44
Just play whats fun for you and quit worrying about nonsense
By Duticyaa at 2011-12-27 04:07:21
I have a mage in wow (actually have 3 but w/e), and I made a Jedi Sage in swtor since I always roll with the caster, and I can honestly say, that the gameplay of a Jedi Sage (at level 26 at least) reminds more of a fire mage with heals than a frost mage.
By Shadda at 2011-12-27 04:50:50
They seem pretty "fotm" to me. I regularly go into pvp matches against, or with, teams consisting of about 5 or more sorc/sages. The cc spam is spastic. As a sniper, I spend more time stunned than I do shooting.
By Munx at 2011-12-27 06:24:19

Can't see I mind sorc/sages.. I find bounty hunters/troopers to be much more of a problem..

Stun.
Aoe KnockBack.
Aoe Damage.
Push.
Pull.
Charge.
One of the highest dps potentials of the classes.
One of the classes with the most surivability.
oh and they have heals.

Can't help but feel that you can only give a class so much utility before they are over the top.

and yes, bounty hunters/troopers are more common then force users on my server (sith'ari).

PS: I absolutely love them when theyr on my team, for obvious reasons.

By undyingvisage at 2011-12-27 07:24:06
i seriously hope most concepts that existed in wow will never take in ToR.... FOTM? wtf? just play the damn game.
By NomNom at 2011-12-27 07:43:34

@undying.FOTM will come in any game that change of balance ...LoL,HoN,WoW,WAR,rift so on you name it even D2 have flavor of the month like zealadin and trapassasin dominate everyone one in pvp

I see mostly bounty hunters on empire side to be honest over force classes and nearly none IMP

By Shlamorel at 2011-12-27 07:49:01

Considering the game has been live for 7 days now, I don't think it's possible for anything to be FOTM at this point :p

For what it's worth, I find that the classes are far too balanced to become FOTM (I mean this as a compliment). I truly see the possibility for people to stick to the class they actually love.

By Xiwu at 2011-12-27 15:26:48
You couldn't get max level in WoW, with a mage, and you want to play SWTOR? Good luck bud.
By holla9 at 2011-12-27 15:56:25

"You couldn't get max level in WoW, with a mage, and you want to play SWTOR? Good luck bud."

i have max level characters in WoW,a mage was just one of the classes i couldnt get max level

By Tarlen at 2011-12-27 20:20:34
I have to admit that the sorc/sin population is much smaller past lvl 25 on my server.
By MoxSapphire at 2011-12-27 20:37:36
Sage is fun. Story is lacking unlike Smuggler. I enjoy how I never use my lightsaber as a Sage. No need whatsoever.
By Tarlen at 2011-12-27 20:55:39
ah come on, sometimes we just whack things with it just for the lulz, eh?
By Hyperspacerebel at 2011-12-27 21:01:29
I melee attack all the time on my seer. It's the cheapest way of doing damage when soloing a super-elite, and every other bit of force I have usually goes to healing my tank companion.
By edfarker at 2012-01-23 00:23:55

I routinely use my lightsaber to finish off mobs while my tank focuses the strong/elite/champion one. As the previous poster states, Force is for heals... and CC in my play preference.

If we're comparing to WoW I'd say the Sith Sorceror plays more like a Priest than anything else. Just 2 DPS trees instead of 2 healing trees.

As I've leveled I see less and less other players to be honest, I just hit 30, I'm about to go back to Alderaan and I've seen maybe 3 other people playing in my region. This was middle of the day on a weekend too.

By Steeler at 2012-02-05 18:56:31

Hell ya they are the flavor of the month, they are OP.

I'm fotm'ing the !@#$ out of one right now.

By Kuru at 2012-03-23 07:03:33
Hyperspacerebel said: it's pretty much impossible to determine which class is the best when all is said and done

Sir, are you implying that someone out there has spent more than fifteen minutes of serious thought in balancing classes in an MMO?
I'm sooooo glad I bought this game.
On topic, I don't see any more or less of us than anyone else running around. First planet was all about folks with guns, but I'm on the second planet now and all I've seen are assassins and one bounty hunter.

By Samal at 2012-04-10 02:44:51
You enjoying playing an archetype != overpowered.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to post a reply.