Quick Facts

Screenshots

Videos

Jedi Sage AOE Burst Healing Combo

Force Potency

Force Potency
Instant
Cooldown: 90s
Grants 2 charges of Force Potency, which increases the Force critical chance of your direct attacks and heals by 60% and increases the range of Telekinetic Throw to 30 meters. Each time a direct Force ability critically hits or you activate Telekinetic Throw, you lose 1 charge. Lasts 20 seconds.

Note: Damage and healing values are based off a level 50 character in green gear. Our staff are still adjusting and adding effects to the formulas, so bear with us as we continue to improve these numbers for launch.

Ability Details

Durationn/a
Schooln/a
Mechanicn/a
Dispel typen/a
GCD categoryn/a
Costn/a
Rangen/a
Cast timeInstant
Cooldown90 seconds
GCD0 seconds
Effect details

Related

1 class found
1 ability found
6 comments found
+2
By frmorrison at 2011-12-13 22:28:09
The details say ModifyMetaStat: Amount=>0.6 so that means to mean you get 60% crit added to your ability. This ability does not make the character's sheet critical increase.
+2
By Kouzai at 2011-11-21 15:54:59
This ability and its Sith equivalent (Recklessness) does not trigger a GCD.
+1
By Shigy at 2012-01-07 20:05:22
Anyone getting criticals with this and not using up charges?
+1
By Delphwind at 2012-06-18 11:36:23
By anonymous84 at 2011-12-10 13:16:22

After all this time I realise I was reading this wrong, I thought it was ADDING 60% to your crit chance but it seems to only be multiplying what you already have, eg 10% to 16% chance.........
extremely weaker than I thought, but I do remember using this often for healing my tank and getting near guaranteed crits, certainly felt more than a 20% chance..
Hoping to be proved wrong on this as I had planned using this for some burst and to generate crit based procs

Early access tomorrow, can someone check what their spell crit is after casting this?

To avoid any future confusion I feel this post should be corrected.

This ability does indeed increase your total critical chance by 60% .. So if you have a base crit chance of 10%, when you pop this ability you have a total of 70% crit chance with the spells Project, and Telekinetic Throw.

0
By Kurvah at 2014-07-22 12:08:19
Speaking as a Shadow-Infiltration @ 39th level playing v2.8: Force Potency gets a lot of loving in the Infiltration Tree with Shadow Technique. Force Potency & Force Breach & Project are intertwined.
- Before level 39: I have my Force Breach and Force Potency keys next to each other and I always press Potency then Breach. This guarantees Force Breach to crit (if Potency is active and not on CD). Then I try to follow up Force Breach with the attack "Project" Proc'd with Circling Shadows to use up the second charge of Force Potency.
- At 39th level: I get both of my Infiltration tree "Potent Shadows" skills. This will generate 3 stacks of Breaching Shadows when Force Potency is activated (allowing an immediate Force Breach Attack). Now I press my Breach Key when I get three stacks from Shadow Technique, then I press the Potency key, and if Potency is off CD, I get back to back Force Breach Attacks.
- There are other skills in the infiltration tree which reduce the CD for Force Potency.
- Force Potency only affects the Force attacks (Breach, Project, Throw, Mind Crush, Stun, etc.) and not the melee attacks (Double Strike, Shadow Strike, etc.).
- Before level 39: I have also noticed that I will be getting criticals on my Force Breach and not be using up any Force Potency charges. I speculate that if the "roll" for the attack is a natural critical, a charge is not consumed. That is good news. Therefore I try to follow a Force Breach with Project (in a timely manner) & then follow that up with Throw if I see there is still charges left. Throw is 4 ticks and each tick is determined if a critical. Throw will always use up all of the Force Potency charges, but you get less bang for your charges from Throw. Force Breach gives the best bang for a Potency Charge.
-3
By anonymous84 at 2011-12-10 13:16:22

After all this time I realise I was reading this wrong, I thought it was ADDING 60% to your crit chance but it seems to only be multiplying what you already have, eg 10% to 16% chance.........
extremely weaker than I thought, but I do remember using this often for healing my tank and getting near guaranteed crits, certainly felt more than a 20% chance..
Hoping to be proved wrong on this as I had planned using this for some burst and to generate crit based procs

Early access tomorrow, can someone check what their spell crit is after casting this?

1 screenshot found
1 video found

Contribute

Please keep the following in mind when posting a comment:

  • Your comment must be in English or it will be removed.
  • Unsure how to post? Check out our handy guide!
  • You might want to proof-read your comments before posting them.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to add your comment.

Simply browse for your screenshot using the form below.

  • In-game screenshots are preferred over model-viewer-generated ones.
  • The higher the quality the better!
  • Be sure to read the tips & tricks if you haven't before.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to submit a screenshot.

Simply type the URL of the video in the form below.

  • Only YouTube videos are supported at this time.

You are not signed in. Please sign in to suggest a video.

Certain data may be submitted for approval here.

  • Nothing to do here (yet)!